Make Dog Food Recipes At Home!
Dogs Love to eat food as we human love to, but choice is different. Learning how to make dog food at house or homemade food is really important to know.
Just for a second or two, imagine that you are entirely dependent on your parents regarding the food, and they, by choice, feed you with the same boring stuff again and again without a break or change.
How would you like it? Would you resist or ask why you are being tortured and how long will this go on? Yes?
Welcome to Dog’s World. Consider what your beloved furry friend must have been going through since you began feeding him with same, old-fashioned commercial food that does not taste like anything at all but makes your dog ill silently.
Yes, these commercial dog food makers use three (Ethoxyquin, BH&BHT) preservatives and toxins most commonly. BH&BHT may cause liver and kidney damage whereas Ethoxyquin is now banned after being declared as dangerous to humans.
Even, I’d been making the similar mistake for long until when my dog began to react to these foods. It developed heat rashes and dry skin as it spent days and night scratching her body.
This made me turn towards the organic food, but that turned out to be a very costly experience; I was compelled to make my dog’s food at home. Since I did not want to feed my pooch with the junk food and table scrap, I decide to invent new recipes for dog food, which were reproduced from others’.
How to Make Homemade Dog Foods that Dogs Love to eat?
The idea turned out to be a big hit, as soon my pet returned to its health and active life.
Here are few of the cheap homemade dog food recipes that will help you learn how to make nutritious dog food.
Dog-Style Beef Stew
This is much healthier and cost-effective than the canned dog meal. This recipe is full of proteins and vitamins your dog’s health. Plus, you can preserve this mean into the fridge for a week.
- 1 pound stew meat (beef)
- One small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of green diced beans
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of water or organic vegetable oil
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil for frying
Total: Makes approximately 4 cups
- Take pre-sliced stew meat and cook them in vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes over mild heat until well-cooked.
- In the meantime, put the sweet potato in the microwave oven for 6-8 minutes, take it out if firm and tender. Dice it into smaller chunks.
- Remove the stew pieces from the pan, reserving the drippings.
- Now, heat the drippings over low heat.
- Add flour and water after some time and keep moving it to produce thick gravy.
- Once the gravy has thickened, add the stew meat, potato, carrots and green beans into it and stir to coat.
- Cook until the carrots are tender – it won’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Your Dog-Style Beef Stew is ready.
- Serve cool.
You can store remaining stew in the fridge for as long as five days.
Jerky Chicken Recipe
This meal can be the perfect replacement for canned raw hides. The thin strips of chicken when cooked become hard and chewy – best to keep your busy for a while. The chicken is also good for your dog’s body since it contains a high amount of protein.
- 2 to 4 chicken breasts
- Heat the microwave oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a knife to slice the chicken breasts into 1/8 inch strips. Keep the pieces thick.
- Put these thick chicken strips in the oven and bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check the chicken; remove it from the oven only when it is dry and hard.
- Let the chicken strips to be cooled completely for half an hour.
- The chicken jerky is ready to be served.
- Keep the jerky in an airtight container in the fridge to preserve it for two weeks.
If your dog has digestive problems, Pumpkin Biscuits recipe will help you with it as this goes easy on dog’s digestive system. Pumpkin provides a high quantity of fibre and beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. They are also good for both diarrhoea and constipation.
- Take 1/3 cup of extremely chilled water
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree either homemade or canned
- Two full cups of rice flour (grain brown)
- One egg (Don’t include egg if your dog is allergic to it)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil (You may also use falx-oil)
- To avoid sticking, put baking sheets
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk the eggs and pumpkins and then mix them together in a container. If you are not using eggs, then smooth the pumpkin puree separately.
- Mix the olive oil with brown rice flour in a separate large container. (Leave some rice for the topping)
- Now combine the rice mixture and the pumpkin mixture, add some water and stir it constantly for 8-10 minutes
- Now take a baking paper and place some ingredients-mix over it and place another baking paper on top to make dough
- Remove the upper baking paper and pour some rice grains over dough and press a little.
- Now cut the dough into desired sizes after removing the baking paper
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes until the crust is dry and crispy.
Your Pumpkin Biscuits are ready! Take out and keep the biscuits in a hard plastic or glass container.
Serve when completely cooled.
Instant Rice Meal and Crockpot Beef
We guarantee that you and your dog would love this Rice Meal and Crockpot Beef recipe because it’s nutritional value and more than that its instantaneity. It won’t take more than fifteen minutes to prepare and easy crockpot cooking. It yields up to 12 cups which can also be frozen for future use. Isn’t it great?
- Take 2 ½ pounds minced beef
- 1 and a half cups brown rice
- 15-ounces of drained and rinsed kidney beans (1 can)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1 ½ cups of chopped carrot
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- Put all the ingredients in the crockpot and add 4 cups of water
- Stir the ingredients for two minutes
- Cover the pot and cook on high heat for 2 to 2 ½ hours
- Mix the fluid and cool to room temperature.
- Your Rice Meal and Crockpot Beef is ready to serve.